Head of Core Product
- The fastest email experience in the world
- Loved and adored: see what our customers say
- Our customers get through their inbox twice as fast; many see inbox zero for the first time in years.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
BUILD LOVE 💜
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT 🚀
We're not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We're going after email; the one activity that consumes more of our work day than any other.
Our ambition doesn't stop there. Next: calendars, notes, contacts, tasks. We are building the productivity platform of the future.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE 🌟
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it’s possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
Our latest financing was led by IVP, and we welcomed Ajay Vashee to our board. Our prior financing was led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we welcomed Marc Andreessen and David Ulevitch to our board.
This time, we’re swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how individuals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
Build and lead Core and Teams Product to massively deliver customer value, through remarkable UX and AI for teams and individuals to accelerate the entire Superhuman mission.
Outcome #1: Rapidly and consistently deliver experiences to our teams and individual customers that help them be more productive
- We are here to build the most delightful and remarkable experiences possible. An experience is delightful when it evokes pleasant surprise. An experience is remarkable when it is so impressive that it compels people to talk about it.
- Simultaneously, we are on a journey to rapidly accelerate our growth trajectory. To achieve this outcome, the Head of Core Product will:
- Build out the roadmap, vision, and strategy for Core Product.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders such as Delight, Design, Customer Success, Customer Engagement, Core Product, Engineering, and Marketing, to delight our customers and achieve common goals.
Outcome #2: Drive cross-functional go-to-market plans to grow our business on new platforms and use cases
- Drive Windows/Outlook and Android penetration
- Drive Teams feature adoption
Outcome #3: Build and lead a high-performing cross-functional Core product organization.
- Inspire our team of world-class product managers, designers, engineers, analysts, and marketers to do the best work of their careers.
- Hire, coach, and retain a diverse, distributed, and talented team.
- Lead the organization with coaching, prioritization, clear communication, and modeling Superhuman values.
Outcome #4: Define and execute our Core product & Teams strategy
- Identify the 10x opportunities to help us maximize our impact on both our customer experience and our growth. The scope entails the Teams collaborative features, the role-specific services (i.e. Sales, HR), AI, mobile and desktop, email and calendaring, tech partnerships (i.e. SFDC, Hubspot), and developer platform. This is our biggest Product surface area.
- Collaborate across our leadership team to define plans that reinforce our competitive advantage and overall strategy. In particular, this is a very deep partnership with our Customer function, which owns human-mediated experience touchpoints.
- Define a clear and well-articulated Core product strategy that unlocks exponential growth.
- Lead the execution of that strategy, anticipate roadblocks, and enable the team to succeed.
Outcome #5: Define and execute our Workflow Integrations Ecosystem strategy
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌
- Teams and user retention
- Teams and user NPS
- Platforms (Windows/Oulook and Android) Penetration
- Features usage rate
Competencies — our ideal candidate is amazing at:
- Building and refining our Product strategies for Consumer and Enterprise SaaS businesses.
- Developing, hiring, and retaining high-performing product teams.
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional go-to-market as “the CEO of the Product”.
- Deep user design and product sense.
- Driving high-pace of execution in a highly ambiguous context.
- Collaborating intimately with visionary leaders in ambitious creative environments.
- Proven experience with ecosystems / Integrations / API-centric products.
This is likely achieved through having 10+ years of professional experience on growth and product teams, with 3+ years of experience leading growth and product teams.
Behaviors — our ideal candidate works like this:
- Start-to-Finish ownership on outcomes. They act as if they are 100% responsible for their own outcomes as well as the outcomes of the company.
- Results Driven. They work tirelessly in pursuit of their results; they quickly take the initiative and own when results are off; they course correct and get scrappy if necessary.
- Customer Centric. They are always pushing to improve the customer experience. They do this without losing sight of business results.
- High Initiative. They proactively spot, diagnose, and solve problems. They do this without dropping the ball on their core responsibilities.
- Situational Scrappiness. They know how and when to roll their sleeves up; they can be players and player-coach just as well as coaches. They do this without losing strategic perspective.
- Detail Oriented. They know the numbers and metrics of their business in great detail; they know the answers to questions about their business immediately; they rarely have to ask their team before getting back to you.
- Low Ego. They put the company ahead of themselves. Most of our discussions are about results and how to amplify success.
- Async Communicator. They are highly proficient in written communication. They are not intimidated by long documents and can write accurately and precisely.
- Grounded Optimism. They believe we will succeed and can explain why compellingly. They share this energy in the teams they serve on and lead.
Values — our ideal candidate shares these values:
- Create Delight. They create moments of pleasant surprise.
- Remarkable Quality. They produce work that is striking, worthy of attention, and a contribution to the state of the art.
- Embrace the Extraordinary. They form intentional and bold visions that push the limits, defy status quo, and inspire results.
- Growth Mindset. They embrace challenges, welcome criticism, and see effort as the path to mastery.
- Grit. They persevere toward challenging goals that may take months or years.
- Proactive Positivity. They move on from challenges stronger and happier; they demonstrate care and awareness for how their actions and words make others feel.
Taking Care of Your Future 🙏
Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, 75% coverage for all your dependents.
Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
Free access to Northstar, a financial wellness platform that provides financial advisors + personal finance tools.
Generous Time Off 🏝
Take as much vacation as you like!
13 additional company holidays, plus your own Care Days, Flexible Holidays and a company-wide Winter Break.
Generous parental, caregiver, healthcare, and compassionate leave policies.
Investing in Your Growth ✍️
$3000 per year towards your professional development.
Free access to Calm and Taskhuman.
Allyship education program to help build your best self.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
Custom MacBook Pro.
$1000 budget for workstation setup.
$60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.