Senior Professional Services Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Snyk is expanding our Customer Solutions team and hiring for a Professional Services Engineer. As part of the Professional Services team, you will work with our customers to design and implement solutions that help them ship secure cloud-native applications. In this role, you’ll help our customers succeed through consulting and hands-on implementation of Snyk products, as well as further Snyk’s product growth with direct customer feedback. The ideal Professional Services Engineer is a blend of Software Developer, DevOps Engineer, Client-facing Consultant, and Pre-Sales Engineer.
In addition, you will be responsible for providing pre-sales support to Sales and developing and promoting integration and tooling around Snyk products. As a Professional Services Engineer, you’ll develop blog posts and other thought leadership activities for Snyk, and work with R&D and Product Management to develop and test Snyk products.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Working directly with customers on implementation and other consulting activities
- Writing and delivering technical scripts and documentation
- Being the voice of the customer and providing feedback to internal teams to advance our products and drive customer success
- Assisting in the pre-sales process by participating in the scoping of customer work
- Delivering work on-time and proactively raise risks/roadblocks
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in technical consulting, software implementation or customer-facing experience as a technical lead for large accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a passion for helping customers be successful.
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS/IT/Eng/ITSec) or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of software development, SDLC, DevOps methodologies
- Hands-on working experience building pipelines and deploying code with CI/CD tools (ex: Jenkins, GitHub Actions).
- Hands-on working experience using git based SCM tools (ex: Github, Gitab).
- Proficient in using the Linux command line.
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Passion for application security; bonus if you have Experience in a post-sales technical implementation role for an AppSec, CI, or DevSecOps product or service.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances