Senior Technical Support Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We're looking for an experienced technical analyst with a proactive approach to problem-solving to join our Technical Support team, helping us to provide a great experience to the developers who use Snyk.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, your key role would involve delivering comprehensive support to our customers while closely coordinating with our Engineers and R&D team to address problems. A typical day includes troubleshooting complex customer issues, providing quality communications to our customers, driving continuous improvement and meeting KPI targets.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
As our dedicated Technical Support Engineer, you will be talking directly to active and prospective Snyk customers every day. You’ll join our high performing team and you’ll work directly alongside our talented team to help solve the most complex issues.
You’ll spend your time:
- Supporting users through email, chat and voice.
- Diving into our diagnostic tools and codebase to figure out where the issue lies and what a good solution will look like.
- For challenging issues, filing bug tickets for our Principle Support Engineers and R&D Teams to resolve issues.
- Liaising with Product Teams and Technical Success Management to drive and develop solutions.
- Improving our support processes, so that as we continue to grow we can keep providing prompt and delightful service.
- Expedite resolution for issues within Support Tiers 1 and 2.
- Ensure timely and effective assignment of issues to the R&D Engineering group.
- Engage and manage our customers through the escalation process.
- Be a role model and mentor to Junior Engineers and the wider Technical Support Team.
What You’ll Need:
- You love helping people, and care deeply about providing an excellent customer experience.
- You take a logical approach to solving problems and prioritization and are comfortable managing complex information from multiple sources.
- You are a clear communicator, both verbally and in writing at all levels of business, including senior stakeholders.
- A confident nature and the ability to pivot quickly and jump on tasks with little or no information, when our customer needs us you are ready to act.
- A developed sense of ownership and a well defined customer centric approach.
- You’re interested in security or open source software, and you believe in our mission.
- Collaboration skills for paired programming and code reviews, and enjoyment in working with others.
- Have at least 2-4 years work experience in a customer facing technical role and come with a demonstrated ability to work and communicate across multiple internal departments & customers to achieve objectives.
We’d be Lucky if You:
- You’re interested in developing your technical skills: you’re excited about working with others’ code, and you have used GitHub or other source control tools.
- You have previous experience working closely with technical teams. Perhaps you’ve provided support for a technical product, worked in QA, or are taking your first steps to becoming a software engineer.
- Have advance knowledge of Kubernetes
- Have Golang, cloud-native and/or Docker experience
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances