Salesforce Operations Specialist
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and driven Salesforce Operations Administrator to join Snyk’s GTM (Go-to-Market) Automation team. This individual will partner with our Sales Operations team, Salesforce Administrators, and GTM Engineers to manage data quality, enrichment, and sales territories at Snyk.
Your work will help support Synk’s Leadership team create fair and equitable territories that help our sales team achieve success; in addition, you will ensure every record is accurate and routed to ensure our customers have the best possible experience when they look to engage with us.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Proactively managing Snyk’s data integrity by reviewing account hierarchies, contact inferences, and key firmographic fields that feed into our territories and planning process
- Following procedures on user permissions including assigning profiles, roles, permission sets, and security controls
- Assisting end users with Report and Dashboard creation
- Partnering with the Operations team to implement sales territories in Salesforce
- Testing territory models, region definitions, assignments, and coverage rules
- Maintaining sales lead and account routing logic in Salesforce
- Supporting territory analysis and territory carving by providing reports and exports
- Helping test and release new functionalities
- Creating and maintaining documentation on internal processes and end user training
What You’ll Need:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator or Salesforce Operations
- Proficiency in administering Salesforce.com, particularly in data quality, lead routing, or user administration
- Managing ad-hoc data quality requests to merge and update accounts
- Exposure to Salesforce.com security and access controls, including profiles, roles, permission sets, and other security features
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- The ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests, and a desire to help, advise, and solve challenges
- Natural curiosity and eagerness to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ensuring internal stakeholder needs/expectations are met and promoting transparency through effective communications
- Passion for documentation, testing, the release process, and enablement
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience with Enterprise Territory Management
- Have SaaS industry experience at a global company
- Are hands-on, curious and love to learn new things
- Are ridiculously easy to work with - ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances