Senior Product Designer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We are looking for a UX or Product Designer to design a range of experiences, working closely with product and engineering teammates to help drive the future of our products.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Understanding the security analyst and developer personas, what it’s like to drive a security program and ship code.
- Working day to day in an R&D team, and also collaborating with other designers
- Designing the system through user flows, design concepts and iterative user feedback sessions, to finally crafting hi-fidelity design artifacts
- Contributing to and using a design system to create a unified product experience
- Designing and conducting user testing sessions, both with Snyk stakeholders and users
- Conducting research to identify pain points and user needs to help influence product decisions
- Sharing your skills, helping to build our world class design team
- Making it easy for the 27 million developers in the world to build and ship secure code
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated commercial experience designing enterprise software
- A solid understanding of the user-centered design process and defining product direction based on research
- An effective communicator and collaborator in a remote environment, including thoughtful written documentation
- An understanding of the constraints and conventions of modern software development and have a general understanding of the web development process
- An ability to articulate how you like to work - talking about a clear process for problem discovery through to ideation and testing
- A passion for our product, that solves real users needs in a pragmatic and iterative way
- An agile mindset that enjoys the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment.
- Confidence when interacting and communicating with customers in a range of scenarios, such as workshops, presentations and interviews.
- A hands-on, curious approach to explore new domains and technologies and are a critical thinker prepared to challenge the status quo
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have worked on Dev Tooling projects in the past
- Have experience working within the DevSecOps industry
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances