General Manager, Global Head of Cyber Insurance
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About The Role
SecurityScorecard is seeking a General Manager (GM), Insurance to run a “startup within a startup" to lead the growth of the Insurance business unit. The GM Insurance is effectively a CEO within a hyper-growth larger organization, and serves as the sole executive and face of the company’s Insurance business.
The role includes accountability for all aspects of the company’s Insurance business, including go-to-market strategy, product delivery, operations, and thought leadership. You will be an active member of the global leadership team. Success will be measured by a combination of exceeding Insurance financial targets and executing on strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate has operated at scale and brings scrappy execution experience.
What you’ll do
- Lead and scale an existing Insurance organization, driving vision, growth, and execution.
- Enable and accelerate revenue growth within the insurance vertical through new sales/revenue, customer retention, and alliance partnerships
- Lead and execute on major insurance related innovations and strategic initiatives
- Serve as the “voice of the Insurance” customer and work closely with Tech/Product counterparts focusing on Insurance to advocate for the customer’s voice in product design and deployment
- Own and manage the insurance P&L
- Manage both direct and indirect reports
- Drive proactive cross-functional alignment and collaboration internally with key stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Product Management, and Data Science
- Serve as the executive champion with key customers and partners
What you bring
- This position requires a hands-on, results-oriented management style with prior experience in general management, financial and operational responsibilities, including organizational and management skills within a fast-moving, matrix environment
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in the Insurance industry
- A bias towards action with the ability to identify key issues, define corrective actions, and drive to resolution and accountability.
- Ability to lead and unite teams to put customers first, to make decisions fast, and work collaboratively well with others to solve problems
- Ability to work independently; highly motivated and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, straightforward and professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks and meet rigorous deadlines
- Business leadership focused on efficient operations and data-driven decision making
- Demonstrated success in developing strong executive-level customer relationships
- Deep customer empathy
- Proactive; ability to anticipate needs and have solutions ready when they are
- Intellectually curious
- Responsive and adaptive to changing situations
- Metrics driven; ability to translate needs into achievable goals and can operate well in a data driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree is required, but a Masters Degree is preferred
What is required
- Prior P&L experience
- Prior people management skills
- Prior insurance-related experience (not necessarily in cybersecurity)
Specific to each country, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. #LI-DNI