Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Robin is the leading hybrid workplace experience platform. Since 2014, we’ve empowered people to do their best work by building tech solutions that fuel vibrant workplace experiences. Our platform redefines work and community building for hybrid companies everywhere. With industry-leading desk booking and room scheduling software alongside our powerful workplace analytics, our mission is to empower people to do great work and foster a sense of community.
Hybrid Work. We believe the best work gets done when employees have the best of both worlds. Some days that's working from home and there are other days when that takes place at our Robin HQ, located in the Seaport District of Boston. Our teams value the energy of in-person collaboration and the productivity of heads-down remote work. We empower our Robinauts to choose what works best for them, team policies are set at a department level.
We’re looking for an inspiring Senior Backend Engineer to join our 20+ person Croatian team in Zagreb focused on building the software that powers the next generation of the workplace.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with your teammates to find and develop simple and elegant solutions to hard problems
- Improve the codebase and product by identifying best practices and new technologies, and planning how to smoothly integrate them
- Pair up, mentor, share your experience, and learn from your fellow engineers
- Lead the backend engineering team to identify and build microservices where needed, test and tune performance, reduce complexity, and work directly with other team members so that they may build the next great feature on our platform
You are qualified if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in NodeJS, PHP, Java, Go, or other common server-side languages
- Knowledge of DevOps, service-oriented architecture, and cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong understanding of DDD concepts and SOLID principles, ability to design and build packages in a modular, scalable way
- Experience with unit and integration testing frameworks
- Strong understanding of building and working with REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases and performance tuning
- Integration with CI/CD pipeline and deployment of applications
- Experience working with an Agile development team
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with event-driven systems
How our values show up in this role:
- Drive: You dig into problems with your team, help them understand why they're working on it, and ultimately push them towards innovative solutions and results.
- Innovate: You are passionate about best practices and advancing organizational goals, and know how to ensure your product is performant and high quality.
- Adapt: You are a talented problem solver who cares deeply about your customer experience and the success of your team.
- Unite: You are a strong communicator and enjoy collaborating with product management, designers, and your fellow engineers.
- Medical & Dental Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield covered at 100% for employee-only plans and 85% for family members.
- Vision Insurance offered through EyeMed
- Company sponsored 401k with up to a 3% match
- Incentive Stock Options
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation time (that we actually use!)
- 12 company holidays
- Professional Development Stipend
- Talent Referral Program
- Recognition perks through Blueboard
- Annual company kickoff in Boston
We Celebrate Diversity
Robin is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world around us. We believe that the key to good work is empowering our people and we know that diversity and inclusion are a large part of this equation. Our realities shape our everyday experiences and it’s our responsibility to our employees, our customers and our communities to address the issues with workplace representation. Robin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.