Build and Release Engineer
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Robin is the leading hybrid workplace experience platform. Since 2014, we’ve empowered people to do their best work by building tech solutions that fuel vibrant workplace experiences. Our platform redefines work and community building for hybrid companies everywhere. With industry-leading desk booking and room scheduling software alongside our powerful workplace analytics, our mission is to empower people to do great work and foster a sense of community.
Hybrid Work. We believe the best work gets done when employees have the best of both worlds. Some days that's working from home and there are other days when that takes place at our Robin HQ, located in the Seaport District of Boston. Our teams value the energy of in-person collaboration and the productivity of heads-down remote work. We empower our Robinauts to choose what works best for them, team policies are set at a department level.
We’re looking for an inspiring Build and Release Engineer to join our 20+ person Croatian team in Zagreb focused on building the software that powers the next generation of the workplace.
In this role, you will:
- Improve build times for Robin systems and services
- Implement blue/green deploys
- Make rollbacks easier and faster
- Better integrate automated testing into deployment pipelines
- Work with engineering teams to get new applications and services into production faster
You are qualified if you have:
- Extensive knowledge of AWS systems and services
- Strong understanding of containers and how they are built
- 2+ years working with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, Github actions
- 1+ years experience using Webpack across multiple projects
- 1+ years experience using IaC (CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform)
- Experience creating and publishing npm modules
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and computer networking
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience working with federated GraphQL services
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues related to computer infrastructure, configuration, monitoring, deployments, and continuous integration and delivery
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate clearly and mentor and coach others on a team
How our values show up in this role:
- Drive: You are passionate about best practices and know how to ensure your product is performant and high quality.
- Innovate: You're committed to optimizing and enhancing the work practices by experimenting with the latest tools and automation.
- Adapt: With an analytical and problem-solving mindset, you're flexible and ready to adapt to changing requirements.
- Unite: You collaborate with the engineering team to create a seamless development process, fostering a sense of teamwork and shared success.
- Medical & Dental Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield covered at 100% for employee-only plans and 85% for family members.
- Vision Insurance offered through EyeMed
- Company sponsored 401k with up to a 3% match
- Incentive Stock Options
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation time (that we actually use!)
- 12 company holidays
- Professional Development Stipend
- Talent Referral Program
- Recognition perks through Blueboard
- Annual company kickoff in Boston
We Celebrate Diversity
Robin is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world around us. We believe that the key to good work is empowering our people and we know that diversity and inclusion are a large part of this equation. Our realities shape our everyday experiences and it’s our responsibility to our employees, our customers and our communities to address the issues with workplace representation. Robin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.