Site Reliability Engineer
We are on the lookout for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join forces with us in developing the next generation of Blockdaemon secure cross-chain services. As a key member of the Innovation team, this role drives global standards, makes valuable contributions to open-source initiatives, and develops institutional-grade liquid staking solutions, as well as exposure to essential components (relays, provers, sequencers) for facilitating secure and seamless cross-chain communication.
In this role, you'll join forces with a seasoned technical team of senior engineers, all dedicated to bridging the world with blockchain technology. Together, you'll play a vital role in hardening and providing visibility to both infrastructure and customer resources to make them more robust and secure.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to improve the whole lifecycle of operational readiness from inception to refinement proactively.
- Build out deployments, custom lifecycle automation, and standard operating procedures to increase uptime and software delivery speed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and prioritize fixes and features that progressively improve security posture and reduce the risk of incidents over time.
- Assist the software engineering team in building accurate monitoring and metrics into applications before they go into production.
- Lead security incident post mortems and retrospectives to improve our ability to identify and mitigate potential security threats quickly.
- Continuously improve monitoring systems and deployment workflows, reduce manual workload and become more proactive.
- Participate in security design reviews and threat model exercises, prioritizing both security and end-user experience.
- Implement security controls for Terraform, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Engage in monthly on-call rotation, responding to incidents as needed.
- 2-5 years of software engineering experience in either Go, Rust, Python, Typescript, or another language. (Golang and Rust preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, pivot as necessary, and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative and creative attitude in solving problems and creating solutions.
- Proficient in Linux service administration (systemd, docker, etc.), Linux shell (bash, ssh, etc.), and certificate management (SSH key, TLS, CA, PKI, etc.).
- Experience in cloud VM/network provisioning and administration (AWS, GCE, Azure), Prometheus, Loki, Grafana, and bare-metal provisioning.
- Familiarity with Git and continuous integration.
- Experience with Nginx/HTTP/HTTPS/JSONRPC/REST is preferred.
- Join Blockdaemon's team of blockchain experts and enhance your knowledge and experience in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Apply your skills to build secure and reliable blockchain infrastructure for the future.
US salary range: $150,000 - $200,000
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Blockdaemon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?