Principal Software Architect
Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, one of America's fastest-growing companies, Inc5000 2023, 3 years running, one of the 20 coolest identity access management and data protection companies, CRN Security 100 2023, a Market Leader in DSPM at the 11th annual Global InfoSec Awards (Cyber Defense Magazine) and 2023 Disruptor Gold Winner - Most Disruptive Cyber Security Software, Globee Awards.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We’re looking for a Software Architect for our R&D team, reporting to the Chief Architect / SVP R&D. Our R&D team is based in TLV, developing various on-prem and cloud products. As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for design & implementation of our most complex features. Our ideal candidate is someone who has proven software architecture experience and is able to shape the design of complex features, while navigating dynamic requirements and constraints that are part of a fast paced, customer and results driven start up.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and participate in the design and high level architecture for large or complex features (e.g. shared component for collaboration, dynamic deployment of optional features, scalable scheduler, multi tenancy enabling libraries, performance optimization for data pipeline etc)
- Work closely with multiple local and remote teams so the design of their features is aligned with the cross product architecture
- Brainstorm ideas for new features and capabilities (and possible ways to implement them) as well as drive the technical backlog in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering leadership
- Solve complex challenges around high scale data processing, algorithmic solutions, and customer enhancements
- Provide thought leadership, mentoring, and customer guidance around BigID’s overall product architecture
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years experience and at least 4 of those as an architect
- Experience working in both start up and enterprise environments - MUST
- Hands on - java + node. Amount of expected coding is up to 50%
- Experience with large scale deployments, microservices, k8s, designing rest api and messaging & event driven processes
- Proven examples of projects in which candidate led the architecture from scratch
- Experience working with various groups within the company as well as customer facing
- Databases experience (mongodb strong advantage)
- Relevant technologies: mongodb, node, java, python, redis, rabbitmq, ELK
- Team Player, ability to work with both product and engineering teams
- Must be able to facilitate cross team design
- Must balance design principles with agile state of mind
- Enjoys solving interesting problems, rather than focused on specific technologies
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements - for parents, for remote work days, etc.
- Office perks: dog-friendly environment, fully-stocked fridge, gym and exercise classes, weekly Happy Hours, free parking, evening meals
- Knowledge training & Career development tracks
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out