Staff Client Support Engineer
Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
A motivated and self-driven Staff Client Support Engineer to provide high quality support to our enterprise customers, being their advocate in collaborating with our Development team to drive issues to resolution.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with client stakeholders to troubleshoot advanced technical issues
- Evaluate implementation results, deploy solution components and workarounds, and participate in the product configuration efforts in order to meet clients’ specific requirements
- Engage with multi-discipline internal and client teams to ensure successful resolutions within customers’ environments
- Transfer knowledge for relevant technical areas at an applicable level of depth and detail within the internal Support organization as well as our customers
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product Management teams to prioritize and resolve product issues, enhancement requests and possible implementation flow improvements
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of professional experience in information technology, with at least 2 years in a customer-facing role – preferably involved in product implementation and hands-on technical activities within enterprise corporate environments
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or other related technical disciplines. A graduate degree in a technical or business discipline is a strong plus. (Extensive professional experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.)
- Meaningful experience with installation, configuration and management of Linux-based Operating Systems, including basic shell proficiency (bash, sh, ksh, tcsk, etc.), experience with package management systems (apt/dpkg, yum/rpm, etc.), file archiving tools (tar, gz, zip, bz2), remote access and file transfer protocols (SSH, SCP, SFTP/FTP), file sharing technology (NFS, CIFS/SMB), and authentication frameworks (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Basic experience with some RDBMS, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, IBM DB2, etc.
- Hands on experience in Docker and Kubernetes deployments
- Demonstrated experience in writing code projects with Python, C++, C# and Java – major advantage.
- Troubleshooting complex software modules, working from written and oral issues as described by the technical support organization, sales organization, account managers and customers themselves.
- Develop and modify modules as part of workarounds for issues or as a professional services enhancement.
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we prioritize offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements
- Other compulsory benefits based on country of residence
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do,Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
BigDiversity: We’re committed to creating a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality – across race, gender, sexuality, disability and neurodiversity – where innovation and growth thrives, every voice is heard, and everybody belongs.