Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
If you love working on automation infrastructure we’d be excited for you to join us! We are looking for an Engineer to join our Automation Infrastructure & DevOps team from our Portugal site (remote). The team is responsible for the Engineering team platforms based on containers and micro-services. Your main focus will be improving the team’s infrastructure and building the next-level test framework, automation methodologies, and tools while working closely with the R&D team. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who love supporting a passionate and collaborative team, solving problems, dealing with problems by coming up with creative solutions, and continually improving company processes and culture.
What you’ll do:
- Refactor our test framework automation using Mocha and other best practice tools
- Take our CI/CD system to the next level
- Work on a micro-services architecture deployed over Kubernetes and Docker
- Research new technologies and provide overall technical direction for the team
- Plan and push closing the automation backlog
- Communicate with teams across the organization on testing strategy and design
- Propose improvements to the testing process to decrease defects found in production
- Work closely with QA engineers in the R&D teams in an Agile environment on a daily basis
What you’ll bring:
- BSc Degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience in NodeJS/Python - (at least one)
- Solid grasp of software development life cycle, best-practices, and methods across multiple teams: Agile development, DevOps, CI/CD, Kubernetes, team leadership and mainly test automation
- Experience with Jenkins, Groovy scripting, and bash/shell scripts
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git, and NoSQL database solutions like MongoDB
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps or Automation engineer
- Experience with AWS services, such as EC2, S3, and RDS
- Excellent communication skills required for documenting and connecting with other groups
- Ability to explore and initiate new ideas, think and learn independently
- Experience in Rest API automation and testing methodologies
- Experience in Mocha and other test frameworks
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements
- Other compulsory benefits based on country of residence
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try- We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine- We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
BigDiversity: We’re committed to creating a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality – across race, gender, sexuality, disability and neurodiversity – where innovation and growth thrives, every voice is heard, and everybody belongs.
Something looks off?